The best sorbet runs about 30% sugar via a refractometer. If you have one this gives you a very accurate reading, but the recipe below hits that 30% just right. Pineapple sorbet is another great dessert during the Lenten fast.
- 6 cups fresh pineapple
- 1 cup honey
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup ice
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- Peel the pineapple, cut out the "eyes" and slice the pineapple. Cut off the core.
- Place the pineapple, honey, line juice, ice, salt in a bowl and whisk/mix well.
- Place the pineapple mixture in the refrigerator and cool. Overnight is best.
- Place the pineapple mixture in an ice cream maker, according to the manufacturers instructions. Run the machine for about 20 minutes. The sorbet should be "creamy" and "ice creamy".
- Remove from the machine and place into containers. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours and overnight works well.
- Serve and enjoy.