Fast Track Stuffed Figs
These are delicious, can be served cold or at room temperature and are easy to make. These are both sweet and savory, so can be included in the Tailgate menu and serve as a desert if so desired.
- 12 Large black Mission,Kadota or similar figs
- 3.5 oz Fresh cambozola cheese Cambozola is a Bavarian blue cheese and one of the mildest of blue cheeses. Although this recipe works with other meltable cheeses such as Gyuyere, other substitutes that can be considered include Pont Reyes Blue, the stronger Gorgonzola Dolce, Brie, Camembert or other Bavarian Blue Cheese.
- 2 tsp honey
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- Honey for drizzling
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios or walnuts
- Wash the figs and cut off the stems.
- Using an 1/8 tsp scope out part of the fig interior.
- Place the cheese, honey and salt in a small food processor and blend until creamy.
- Stuff the figs with the filling.
- Place the stuffede figs on a parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Bake until the cheese just starts to bubble slightlhy.
- Remove from the oven, plate the figs and drizzle with honey.
- Sprinkle with the walnuts or pistachios
- Serve alone, sliced as bruschetta or on a salad.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!