Ante Post Bet Chicken Tenders
These Ante Post Bet Chicken tenders are a wonderful finger food. It will require napkins, as the sauce, though delicious, is sticky. But cooked the day before the Tailgate Party, and served cool or at room temperature these are a wonderful finger food.
Ingredients: Dipping Sauce
- 1 TBS unsalted butter
- 1 Jalapeno chili Cut into strips, membrane and seeds removed.
- ½ cup Bonnie Maman Apricot Marmalade This is a delicious marmalade and the only brand I use.
- 1 TBS Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 TBS Cognac or Armagnac Use a good quality cognac or armagnac. It is only a tablespoon.
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 15 Chicken Tenders
- 20 Bacon Strips Use good quality center cut bacon.
Instruction: Dipping Sauce
- In a small saucepan place the butter and melt over medium low heat.
- Add the chili and low fry until fragrant and tender
- Add the marmalade, lemon juice, cognac and salt.
- Remove the Jalapeno pieces using a strainer. Taste and adjust as you desire.
Instructions: Tenders and Assembly
- Cut the tenders in half.
- Wrap each chicken tender with a piece of bacon.
- Use a toothpick to hold the bacon in place. Also acts as a holder for eating.
- Place the wrapped chicken in the sauce and coat completely. Use a plastic sealed bag for this. Let these pieces marinate for about 30-60 minutes.
- Place the coated pieces on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake until the bacon is crisp.
- Halfway through the cooking process, brush with the apricot sauce. You can do this more frequently as you desire.
- Place in a container and off to the Tailgate Party!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!