These “roll-ups” are simple to make. However, use homemade tortillas which add an extra flavor beyond what you can get from store bought. Quickly made the day before, refrigerated and then served at the Track. A delicious handheld yummy that will please all your guests. Use good quality salami, such as Boar’s Head.
Thoroughbred Salami roll-ups
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Room temperature
- ¼ cup Parmesan Reggiano Cheese grated
- ½ tsp Fresh dill chopped fine
- ¼ tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Chopped dill pickles Store bought or homemade
- Store bought Tortillas Or homemade rolled as thin as possible.
- ¼ cup chopped pickles Storebought or homemade
- Place one tortilla on clean flat surface
- spread the cream cheese mixture over the tortilla
- Place the salami on top of the cream cheese
- Roll up the tortilla tightly and toothpick closed. Place in the refrigerator.
- Leave these overnight. Remove and with a sharp serrated knife slice into wheels about ¾ to 1 inch wide.
- Place on a serving tray and enjoy.