These cherry tomatoes can be quickly prepared and provide an excellent appetizer as a start for a meal. They are fresh and the addition of the cheese really adds to this savory dish.
Cherry Tomatoes Stuffed with Goat Cheese
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes
- 8 oz Fresh Goat Cheese brought to room temperature
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 Scallion, sliced on the bias
- 1 tbsp Fresh Basil chiffonade
- 2 tbsp Chopped fresh taragon
- ½ tbsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 5 Kalamata olives sliced thinly
- Cut the top of the tomatoes. Set the tops aside if they are going to be used.
- Scoop out the inside of the tomatoes. A 1/8 tsp works well.
- Combine the goat cheese, EVOO, scallion, basil, tarragon, black pepper and salt and mix well.
- Fill a pastry bag and fill each tomato with the cheese mixture.
- Once filled place either one of the cherry tomatoe tops or a slice of olive on the top of the tomatoes.