Bourbon Peaches in Papillote
Bourbon Peaches en Papillote
Any recipe originating in Kentucky must have a recipe that uses bourbon. Always use quality bourbon, it makes all the difference. This dish brings together peaches and bourbon, a wonderful combination, in en papillote. It will impress your guests when the steaming packet is placed in front of them. Have a pair of scissors at each place setting fo your guests can open their own packets. The following recipe if from our book Wrap it Up.
- 4 peaches white or yellow This works best with fresh ripe peaches.
- 3 oz fresh orange juice
- 1 oz Bourbon for cooking I usually something like Maker's Mark a good quality bourbon.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBS honey
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 4 pinchs Kosher salt 1 pinch per packet
- Cut the peaches into quarters, 1 peach per serving.
- Mixthe orange juice, bourbon, cinnamon, honey, and orange zest in a small bowl.
- Place 4 peach quarters (1 peach) in the center of the heart shaped parchment piece.
- Add ½ tsp butter and ¼ of the orange juice mixture on top of the peach.
- Fold over the parchment packets as described.
- Heat over to 250 degrees F. Place the parchment packets on a cookie sheet.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes.
The lower oven temperature in this recipe allows for a slow cooking of the peach, so they don’t end up mushy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!